tabs do WHAT?

David Maslen david.maslen at iname.com
Fri Jan 28 10:00:03 EST 2000

I didn't really want to get involved in this thread, but I have one
comment to make.

Using the python-mode in emacs, getting the code to line up with tabs
is easy. I press tab, and it puts it in the right place. If it doesn't
it's because I've forgotten the : after an if statement, or perhaps
it's because of where a #comment is directly above it.

It is possible to get it wrong, but agian when running python from
inside emacs, emacs jumps to the line with the exception and it's
quickly fixed.

However, not everyone uses emacs. As an emacs user I wouldn't wish it
on you for all it's virtues. I think the python form of indenting
might be rather annoying if it weren't for the programing tool I
use. I suspect were I inclined to code with vim, I might get the
identation wrong, more often than I do now, and that might make me
complain that {} are a good thing, like quite a few people here have
been doing :)