tabs do WHAT?

Quinn Dunkan quinn at mono.ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Jan 28 17:26:53 EST 2000

>On 28-Jan-00 Dirk-Ulrich Heise wrote:
> >  What bothers me even more, they don't mind writing functions without the
> >  function comment headers that shall be used in the project.
> >  You end up with functions containing not a single char of comment.
> >  It would be another improvement to Python if it would force you to
> >  write a doc string for each function of method.

But doc strings are not appropriate for all functions.  Most functions I find
myself writing are 5 - 25 lines long, and have a descriptive name and
one to three descriptive args.  Python is so readable I find documentation
would be clutter for these.

This is different for functions someone might use interactively, I try to have
a signature to refresh the memory.

In theory  :)

My rule is that if I can imagine myself looking at the code one year later,
and not being sure how exactly the function is used after examining it, it
either needs to be documented or fixed.

so-i-find-myself-documenting-a-lot-more-c-functions-than-python-ones'ly y'rs