PyErr_SetString() = Access violation in python15.dll!

Jason Maskell backov at nospam.csolve.net
Thu Jan 13 18:02:12 EST 2000

I'm not entirely sure what's going wrong here, as I think they were working
before, but now any time a wrapper routine calls PyErr_SetString(), I get an
access violation in python15.dll.. Typical uses are:

        PyErr_SetString(PyExc_TypeError,"incorrect number or type of args");
        PyErr_SetString(PyExc_IOError,"unable to load form file");

etc. Am I missing something? This is supposed to work, is it not?

Also, a python function does
.loadform(("blah","blahaswell",{'test':12345})) - shouldn't the third arg be
considered a dictionary?

   if (PyArg_ParseTuple(args,"(ssO)",&formname,&elename,&members))
    {
        element=inter->GetElement(elename,formname);
        if (element!=NULL)
        {
            // Make sure the members list is a dict
            if (PyDict_Check(members))

members is not a dictionary, according to this little bit of code. Other
than these strange errors, I'm really liking Python. I'm hoping someone can
help me out here.

Cheers,
Jason