Python and ArcView GIS

Bruce Dodson bruce_dodson.nospam at bigfoot.com
Tue Jan 11 19:02:26 EST 2000

If anyone is interested in this combination, I have an ArcView 3.x extension
which embeds the Python interpreter within ArcView.  The benefits are
obvious: access to COM objects and Python modules, plus a full-featured
language, more suitable for large applications than ArcView's native
scripting language.  In case anyone is wondering if this is spam, the
extension is not for sale.  I'll be putting it on some public web page soon,
but first I am hoping to find some Python hackers who are also ArcView gurus
to put it through its paces.  Are there of those out there, or am I the only
one? :-)

Sincerely,
Bruce