[Q] What is needed to use other TclTk Widget's within Python ...

Martin von Loewis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Jan 20 07:57:02 EST 2000

"Markus Meng" <meng.engineering at bluewin.ch> writes:

> Do I need for each of these package an additional wrapper like Tkinter?

Not necessarily. You can emit Tcl commands as plain text if you wish,
using the .call method of the tkapp object; see Tkinter.py for examples.

You probably need to load the extensions before using them, using
Tcl's 'package require' command.

> Is it possible to write the GUI-Client completly in TclTk and then
> connect to the Python server through sockets?

You can create an interpreter, and pass the entire script to the Tcl
interpreter, using the tkapp's .eval method.

> Do we have other possibilities for bringing the 'best' of both
> worlds together?

I don't know, what else do you want?

Regards,
Martin