Grail

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Wed Jan 5 10:09:43 EST 2000

Ivan Van Laningham writes:
 > Looks pretty good, but it doesn't seem to use tables.  I rely pretty
 > heavily on tables.  I could make a special version of the help without
 > tables, but I'd rather not.  I'll do it if the pysol help is all there

Ivan,
  If you rely on decent table support, don't bother with Grail.  In
all cases, Grail table support is too slow, and it's often broken in
various ways.  Handling of large tables is also bad; the Tk text
widget is built around the "everything is a character no matter how
big" model, which doesn't work when your table (one character) is
large (esp. larger than the window).
  Sorry, fixing *that* isn't in the "low two-figures" ballpark.  ;(
Otherwise, I'd seriously consider looking at the original problem (at
least for half a minute! ;).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>