Help me improve my Python Skills, please

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Jan 15 15:26:31 EST 2000

[Michael Hudson]
> Also, you're using re where string would do. This is also
> pretty common... remember the Tom Christiansen (I think)
> quote:
>
> "When faced with a problem, some people think 'I'll use
> regular expressions.' Now they have two problems."

Fredrik Lundh first posted that quote here, attributed to Jamie Zawinski on
comp.lang.emacs.  tchrist would more likely have written "When faced with a
problem, some people think 'but if I use regular expressions, I'll have two
problems!' Script babies aren't welcome in the Republic of Perl." <wink>.

To be fair, the timbot would have written "When faced with a problem, some
people think.  Now they have three problems."

or-four-including-the-timbot<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim