no return values for __init__ ??

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sat Jan 8 01:06:05 EST 2000

In article <3876B79F.30439283 at mdlink.de>,
Helge Hess  <helge.hess at mdlink.de> wrote:
>Aahz Maruch wrote:
>>
>> Not directly, no.  I think it breaks compatibility with Python's
>> extremely simple object model and I would be surprised if Guido
>> disagrees with me.
>
>Hm, I wonder why it is simpler to have two separate kinds of methods
>instead of a consistent behaviour for all methods ?

Because we're looking at it from two different perspectives.  You're
looking at the process from the bottom and I'm looking at it from the
top.  Providing your capability would make it too easy for an
inexperienced programmer to screw things up royally.

I think one point that you're missing is that double-underscore methods
in general do not follow the straight standard method paradigm; they all
have restrictions on their interface.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

The problem with an ever-changing .sig is that you have to keep changing it.