Python Rocks!

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Sun Jan 23 21:11:45 EST 2000

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Haskell] also has an
> optional notion of explicit block closers (in fact, the all-whitespace form
> is defined as syntactic sugar for the explicit form), but it's *so* optional
> <wink> that I don't recall ever seeing a Haskell program use explicit block
> markers (except in the language reference manual).

Wouldn't it be easier if we just added an optional, (but
compiler-recognized if present) block delimiter to Python 2? Then people
would have to stop complaining that Python is broken and instead admit
that Python programmers choose to program without delimiters.

Earth will soon support only survivor species -- dandelions, roaches,
lizards, thistles, crows, rats. Not to mention 10 billion humans.
	- Planet of the Weeds, Harper's Magazine, October 1998