Sucking e-mail from Exchange Server vis HTTP?

Grant Edwards grant at nowhere.
Tue Jan 18 09:48:05 EST 2000

In article <034a01bf6154$dba16d80$01ffffc0 at worldnet.att.net>, Emile van Sebille wrote:

>If you really want to write a program to pull the mail, then targeting
>the web interface probably makes as much sense as anything, but if what
>you want is to get your mail, why not use a rule or the out-of-office
>thingy to bounce your mail off the 'net to a *real* mailbox?

That's what I used to do, but there are two problems with that:

 1) MickySoft Exchange f@#ks up the headers on bounced mail so
    that you can't "reply" to it, and in some cases you can't
    even tell what the e-mail address of the sender was.

 2) The system admin shut that feature off to try to force
    everybody to use Outlook.

I've also considered setting up a rule to save mail in a local
mailbox that's on an SMB mountable filesystem and writing a
program to periodically suck mail out of that mailbox.  I've no
idea what the format of MS Outlook mailboxes is...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Then, it's off to
                                  at               RED CHINA!!