Now What? :o)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 12 13:20:41 EST 2000

-james <NoSpam at linkamericacorp.com> wrote:
<...>

> I'm almost through the online tutorial, and I'm hooked. I don't see any info
> on coding GUI  forms though. Can anyone recommend a website, sample code, or
> a good book that covers how to do this? Are GUI forms a platform dependant
> issue? I'm coming from a world of drag and drop and, from what I gather,
> this done programatically in python.

Being both a VB programmer (at work) and a Python programmer (at home),
I think I understand you. Well, you have to code out guis by hand,
coding every button your form shows. If you want easy examples of
an easy gui, go to:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/python/tutorial.html.

There is the rudiments of a drag-and-drop gui-designer, vipyl, but I
fear the author has lost heart and quit the project. That might well be
because coding a Python gui can be really easy, and because drawing a
gui doesn't make much sense with layout managers anyway.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt