lazy (?) evaluation, request for advice

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Thu Jan 6 20:19:07 EST 2000

[Mike Fletcher]
> Minor note: Tim is actually one of the most helpful people
> on the group.

Like Alex didn't already know that <wink>.

> He has a quirky sense of humour sometimes.

To the contrary -- it's all of you who are quirky!  I live on a diet of pure
umbrage here.

> Instead of reading "sneer", read "playful banter among assumed
> friends and colleagues".

Close enough to "brazen ridicule" for me.

> Tim tends to play the "crotchety old man" role quite a lot
> for its entertainment value. It's not a slight on you, it's
> just part of his persona in this group.

Indeed, over on rec.sport.pro-wrestling I'm known as the Gentle Shepherd.
Guiding our youth is harder than it used to be.

> Enjoy yourself,

excellent-advice-from-a-crotchety-young-man-ly y'rs  - tim