Pseudo-SQL: searching for Parser/Rewriter

hartmut Goebel hartmut at oberon.noris.de
Sun Jan 2 08:58:30 EST 2000

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a general purpose tokenizer/parser/rewriter for Python. If a
parser is available, it best should return a simple parse tree.

I need to rewrite Pseudo-SQL statements for hiding complex table layouts.
This sould convert eg.

  FromName = 'hugo' or FromName = 'Hans' and ToName = 'me'

into

  select ID from messages where
    sender in (select ID from adresses where name='hugo' or name='Hans')
  AND
    ID in (select msgID from receivers where
              type = 'to'
           and
              addrID in ( select ID from addresses where name='me' )
          )

Huh, now I see how complicated this will become, I consider dropping this
feature ;-)

+++hartmut