How to use Pythonwin's ability to access windows dll's???

Neil Hodgson neilh at hare.net.au
Sat Jan 15 22:46:35 EST 2000

> Seriously what is the purpose of the LoadLibrary function if not to
> access Dll's>

   One thing you can do is load DLLs that define window classes and then
create windows of those classes. Then you send messages to those windows.
This is how Scintilla is integrated into PythonWin.

   I'd like to see calldll in the Python distribution rather than in
PythonWin. Its only a very small wafer of code that provides access to all
OS functionality. Most of my chain saw scars heal eventually anyway.

   Neil