Importing a dll with a different name

calishar at my-deja.com calishar at my-deja.com
Mon Jan 24 16:29:24 EST 2000

Hi Folks (who are here),

  I am running into a slight problem with imports after using installer
that I can't quite manage to figure out.

  The application I am working on import win32com.client, which imports
pythoncom this works fine as long as I am on my system, but when I
switch to a different system (after building the installable app) the
import fails.

  I have managed to figure out that it is because pythoncom is defined
in the windows registry to point to a specific dll
(c:\windows\system\pythoncom15.dll). I am also having the same problem
with pywintypes (and pywintypes15.dll).

  What I am trying to workout is a way that I can check to see if
import pythoncom will work or not, if it doesn't I will need to import
pythoncom15 from the current path

  Does this make sense? and is there someone around who can help me
figure out what I need to put in the sanity check routine?

 Calishar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.