PhotoImage.zoom problem

Radovan Garabik garabik at melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk.spam
Wed Jan 12 11:36:22 EST 2000

I am trying to create some canvas image items, using zoom method.
All goes well, until I try to zoom pixmap containing transparent
color. Pixmap is zoomed properly, but the transparent color is
turned into black. The same goes for xpm and gifs, and for subsample
method too.

This is sample of the code:
pixmap = PhotoImage(file="b.xpm").zoom(2)
item = canvas.create_image(x, y, image=pixmap)

Am I missing something or is this a bug in TkInter?