Which Python book?

Phil pehrens at ligo.caltech.edu
Thu Jan 6 11:35:29 EST 2000

tmick at mail.com wrote:
>I have not read _Python Essential Reference_. All I can say about it is
>that I have heard that Guido's contribution to it is minimal and that
>his name is prbably there more for name recognition. That says nothing
>about the quality of the book though.

Darn tootin' it says nothing.  David Beazley, who wrote the book,
is a crackerjack coder and writer, and would be even if GVR's name
did not appear anywhere on his book.

_Python Essential Reference_ is just what it says; a reference.
If, like me, you are an experienced (which says nothing about the
quality of my code ;^)) coder, you can use it to learn Python.

Python is a darned easy language to learn, anyway.  Dagnabbit!