Emacs question

choffman at dvcorp.com choffman at dvcorp.com
Thu Jan 13 15:21:52 EST 2000

In article <jtu2kh52y6.fsf at wazor.biostat.wisc.edu>,
  William Annis <annis at biostat.wisc.edu> wrote:
> "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> writes:
>
> > # -*-python-*-
> >
> > or
> >
> > #  -*- Mode: Python; tab-width: 4 -*-
>
>         Those all work, but as I recall those work only on the first
> line of the file.  A quick test seems to confirm this.

Check out the Emacs Info system for the topic Local Variables.

In short, at the *END* of the file you can have the following:

### Local Variables:
### mode:python
### tab-width:4
### End:

The important bits are a line containing "Local Variables:" , a line
containing "End: ", then any number variable names and values set
between those two lines. The lines can start with a comment character
appropriate for the contents of the file (e.g. "###" for Python).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.