Python Rocks!

Mike Fletcher mfletch at tpresence.com
Wed Jan 19 20:40:30 EST 2000

Hmm, guess I'll propose this again, just for fun:

Create an editor which parses into "statement suites".  Provide different
viewing modes, one using whitespace (of whatever style) to denote suites,
one using {}'s to denote suites, and finally, one for those really weird
people who actually want to type "END SOMETHING" every time a suite ends.
Within the context of the view, interpret everything according to the user's
preference i.e. cut-and-paste of the text creates a new set for analysis of
suites.

Then, when that's done, point the disaffected to said editor so we don't
clog up the newsgroup with these circular discussions of preferred style (it
just being style in the end).  In a few weeks, they will either decide they
prefer the cleaner syntax of the Python-style, or they won't, they will
either switch to using indentation-only for the code, or they won't.

And, sparrow, you must ask yourself in the end if it will change your inner
being, or if it is merely part of the illusion,
Mike