WAP with Python

Duncan Booth duncan at rcp.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 08:09:30 EST 2000

ulf.engstrom at b2b-link.com (Ulf Engstrøm) wrote in
<20000121120558.50068.qmail at hotmail.com>:

>Hello..:)
>
>Has anyone tried to do any WAP-things with Python? I'm trying to set up
>an apache webserver on a windows2000-machine and get it to run with the
>wap-software. This havn't been all that successful this far, but I'm
>working on it. The python-part of it seems to be working, since I can
>see it with my regular browser.
>Anyone has any experience in this area and can give me some hints?
>Brgrds
>Ulf

I have done some WAP stuff using Zope, see
http://www.rcp.co.uk/distributed/wapdemo for an example, or
http://wap.autolocate.co.uk for the actual WAP site. I am currently
writing a Zope howto on this subject and it should be visible on
www.zope.org soon.

If you have any specific questions I will gladly try to answer them. I
suggest you use the Nokia WAP toolkit for testing as that gives pretty
good error messages, and also lets you see the source if you failed to
send valid WML. Don't forget to set the mime type.