Newbie question on paging..

Wm. King wjk at wjk.mv.com
Tue Jan 25 14:07:32 EST 2000

Hi:

I have heard of paging but never really
dug into it or used paging. I realize it has to do with
handling large amounts of data on systems that might
not have enough memory to handle it all at once?
(Is this a correct assumption?) Does it have something to do
with swapping stuff in and out of memory? So in the final analysis,
I am wondering what paging really is, under what kind of circumstances
one would use paging and how one might  use it using Python. Or maybe
a pointer to some on-line document or book so that I can get a better
handle on it......

Thanks