anydbm - a simple question

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Tue Jan 25 10:00:26 EST 2000

    Michael> Same thing on my system (SuSE 6.3 Linux). The database is
    Michael> created (default is dbhash in my case). I can re-open it with
    Michael> module dbhash but not with anydbm (same error as mentioned
    Michael> above). The whichdb module fails on determining the DB type.

This comes up from time-to-time.  It is a fixed problem.  You can either
grab the CVS version of the entire shootin' match or visit

    http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/Python/

and browse into the Lib directory and grab whichdb.py.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098