Mapping Column Names to results using DBI

Timothy Grant tjg at avalongroup.net
Wed Jan 19 22:27:58 EST 2000

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> Try "SELECT x, y, z" instead of "SELECT *".

I knew it couldn't be that simple...

I must be missing something

c = db.cursor()

c.execute('select supplierid, customerid, carrierid from brokerage')

a = c.fetchall()

now what?

a['supplierid'] and a[supplierid] both don't work...

Thought I had an epiphany there for a minute, but nor does
c.execute('select supplierid, customerid, carrierid from brokerage',
(a,b,c))

So, I will gladly accept any other enlightenment you care to provide!

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Chief Technology Officer              tjg at exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630