tabs do WHAT?

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Fri Jan 28 11:21:33 EST 2000

Glen Starchman <glen at electricorb.com> wrote:
[snip]
: Personally, there is nothing I hate more in the curly-brace languages than the fact
: that developers don't have to line up their braces to show groupings of code. I
: guess if every C/C++/Java, etc... developer wrote code like:

: for (i=0; i < 100; i++)
: {
:     do something;
: } /* notice how the braces line up and the body is indented!*/

: I would be happy with that approach. However, there is nothing better than forcing
: clean code... in my very humble opinion.
[snip]

If braces are used, you can choose between a myriad of tools to get
consistent indentation (there are lots of C and C++ beautifiers out
there). However, if the indentation in python is screwed up you
are lost completely. No tool can correct that (yes and I do know
pindent).

Cheers,

---
Thomas Hamelryck    Institute of Molecular and Structural Biology
Aarhus University   Gustav Wieds Vej 10C
DK-8000 Aarhus C    Denmark