Tcl/Tk Path problems in Python 1.5.2 installation

Steve Holden sholden at bellatlantic.net
Fri Jan 14 16:44:37 EST 2000

Had a similar problem myself.  I suspect that the directory which
the .dll's install into should be added to the PATH, and mine was
already very long (due to installing PowerBuilder, which puts
four or five directories on their).

On Windows NT I ficed things by copying the libraries into the
\WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory -- but of course they won't uninstall
if you ever (gasp!) decide you don't need Pythin any more -- and
they may leave a gotcha waiting to hit you after updates.

regards
 Steve