olemsg32 module used in win32com exchange server example?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Fri Jan 21 10:32:46 EST 2000

In article <slrn88e58v.67b.grant at grante.comtrol.com>,
Grant Edwards <grant at nowhere.> wrote:
>In article <38863DB3.7FAEC820 at callware.com>, Ivan Van Laningham wrote:
>>
>>I suspect that is true, but there's a gotcha.  Unless I'm wrong, both
>>NetScape Mail and Outlook use MAPI dll's, but they expect different
>>functions to be found there.  So, when I want to use Outlook to retrieve
>>mail, I can configure everything else correctly but I have to change the
>>MAPI.DLL to the one the Outlook expects or it barfs.  Then put it back
>>when I want to use NetScape. ...
>
><Boggle>

It's even worse than that.  AFAIK, NT *still* only loads one copy of a
DLL, so that even if you have DLLs in two different directories, it is
impossible simultaneously to run programs that use a same-named DLL if
they need even different versions.  And, of course, most DLLs still use
eight-character names....
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6