Call Python functions from C[++] as macros

Dirk-Ulrich Heise hei at adtranzsig.de
Tue Jan 18 05:37:29 EST 2000

You want to do "embedding and extending":

http://www.python.org/doc/current/ext/ext.html

That means, your app will have to embed a Python
interpreter, and you will want to extend the Python
by new modules that control your C++ code.

I have a ~100K ZIP that patches the Python source code
so it will become BCB3-compilable, i think the zip
contains a small demo app.

If you want it, drop me a line. I hesitate to bomb your mailbox
without your permission.

When you're doing something financial (you mention
"business rules"), this group may be of interest to you:

http://www.egroups.com/list/python-finance/info.html

--
Dipl.Inform. Dirk-Ulrich Heise
hei at adtranzsig.de
dheise at debitel.net

Glen Parker schrieb in Nachricht <38837344 at news.nwlink.com>...
>Hi all,
>
>Just getting started with Python (just downloaded the Win32 version last
>night :-).  I need to figure out how to get some reasonably advanced things
>working.  I'm writing a large app in C++ (BCB4.0) and I want to use Python
>as an event handler for executing business rules etc.
[...]