Python Rocks!

Neel Krishnaswami neelk at brick.cswv.com
Wed Jan 19 19:25:18 EST 2000

Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:
> [tye4 and Tom Culliton bump heads over whitespace -- who
>  could have imagined that the absence of something could
>  leave such a dent <wink>? ]

Wouldn't that be a dedent? :)

The only time indentation has been a problem for me is when using
eval/exec, and encoding programs as strings is basically the wrong
thing to do anyway. This fact has occasionally tempted me to write a
PythonGen module along the same lines as Robin Friedrich's HTMLgen. It
would make writing things like code walkers and program transformers
much more elegant. It seems like an idea obvious enough that someone
else must have beaten me to the punch, though.

Neel