Why Perl do But Python can't?

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Mon Jan 31 13:55:09 EST 2000

In article <8737c1$76d$1 at news.cz.js.cn>, Öܹ« <jfzhou at 188.net> wrote:
>Thank you help.
>But How I do it to solve the follow quertion:
>
>1:through the WWW to manage user,the CGI need root uid.
>2:how to read or write files that need some privilege ie. root ,admin etc...
>
>some one tell me
>1:use another programme to communite with CGI useing socket,but it is
>complex.
>2:use expect mod ,but python dosn't have.
>
>is there better solution?
			.
			.
			.
As best I can understand,
  use expect mod ,but python dosn't have.
refers to Expect.pm, and has no particular relation to
WWW, suid, sgid, or other elements of this post.

In fact Python does have analogues to Expect.pm.  The
little research I've done indicates that they're not
well-researched.  I've been considering writing up a
tutorial on their use and status ...  In the meantime,
I recommend those whom this topic interests visit
  ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/contrib-09-Dec-1999/System/expy-0.4a.README
  ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/contrib-09-Dec-1999/System/pipe-1.0.README
  ftp://ftp.python.org/pub/python/contrib-09-Dec-1999/All/pyexpect.README

Thanks to Barry Warsaw for his help with these data.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net