Local Echo using Telnetlib

Jamey Cribbs cribbsjg at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 31 10:20:23 EST 2000

Does anyone know how I can turn off local echo while in a telnet session using Telnetlib?

More specifically, I am creating a telnet session to a Linux box and then running the TALK command.  It works fine, but while I am in TALK, it looks weird because everything I type is echoed in my Talk Box.  I turned on debugging and I noticed that everything I send through the telnet session is being sent back.

However, when I manually open a telnet session (outside of Python) and run TALK, everything works fine.

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
Jamey Cribbs
Sr. Technical Consultant