Python not a Very High-Level Language?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sun Jan 2 11:39:58 EST 2000

In article <386E7BD4.514764EA at ndh.net>,
Stefan Schwarzer  <s.schwarzer at ndh.net> wrote:

>The other topics which the author on the O'Reilly site, Greg Wilson,
>mentions might also be worth considering. For example, I never needed
>tuples (explicitly) yet, i. e. in a sense that lists would not work.
>(If tuples would be taken out of the language or their use deprecated)
>tuple un/packing would become list un/packing and so on.)

Anyone who claims that tuples are unnecessary has never used a tuple as
a dict key.  That requirement necessitates differentiating between a
mutable and immutable list -- might as well stick with tuples.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Ninth Virtual Anniversary -- 364 days and counting