Python Rocks!

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Tue Jan 18 06:44:05 EST 2000

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

: "tye4" <tye4 at yahoo.com> wrote:

:> Indentation is a confusing and lame way to separate what is inside a block
:> and what's outside it.

: Prediction: within three months you will have ceased either to believe this
: xor to use Python.

Not necessarily. I've been using python for about a year or so and I still
dislike indentation. Indentation can make your code less readable and leads to
mysterious errors. I'm sure the strict use of indentation keeps a lot of potential users
away from python. However, I feel that the other features of the language
outweigh this disadvantage.

Cheers,

---
Thomas Hamelryck
VIB-Free University Brussels (VUB), Belgium
Current address:
Institute of Molecular and Structural Biology
Aarhus University
Gustav Wieds Vej 10C
DK-8000 Aarhus C
Denmark