simple question about raw_input

TechSpood ScrewMe at mypad.com
Mon Jan 17 01:55:30 EST 2000

Ok I am about as new a you can get to programming and I have a question
which should be very simple.

I am trying to make a simple program which ask the user for his/her name
then says
"hello (name) what would you like to do something"
after it displays this it is supposed to take the users input and store it
in a variable... all in 2 lines (which I think is possible)

I tried this but it doesn't quite work right...can you tell me what I am
doing wrong?

name=raw_input ("What is your name?")
choice1=raw_input "hello, %s, would you like to do something?" % name

thanks