starting a cgi with params

Jeff jam at quark.emich.edu
Mon Jan 10 13:33:38 EST 2000

On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 05:41:04PM +0100, Anders M Eriksson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have created a Python script which takes 2 params, a filename and an
> operation code. The script works well when I run it from the command
> prompt. My question is:
>
> How do I send 2 params to the script when I'm using it as an CGI
> script?
>
> At the moment I'm using sys.argv[1] and sys.argv[2] to get the params
> but it doesn't work when I call it from a web page.
>
> // Anders

greetings,

I would suggest looking into the 'cgi' module, which comes with the standard
distribution. there are also a number of good websites that explain how cgi
works-- the 'protocol' is generic regardless of platform and server
platform.

by the way, what platform are you using? linux + apache?

regards,