Re module help?

Elf Sternberg elf at halcyon.com
Tue Jan 4 02:01:59 EST 2000

There is a line in 'xmllib.py' that has me puzzled.  I thought I
understood regular expressions and XML, but this one has me confused.

interesting = re.compile('[]&<]')

I don't get it.  What is this looking for?  The '[]' can't mean an empty
set, can it?  That doesn't make any sense.  Is this a special case where
'[]...' allows you to include the ']' in things to search for without
escaping it?

Or is it, in fact, a bug?

		Elf

--
Elf M. Sternberg, rational romantic mystic cynical idealist
     MST3K - Help save the saving grace of television.