tabs do WHAT?

Ulf Engstrøm b2blink at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 10:31:39 EST 2000

>BTW, people here seem to have adopted the idea that if you don't like
>a particular feature of a language, you should abandon it(e.g., "You don't
>like indentation? Use Perl!"). But many languages have evolved exactly this
>way: users criticize, complain, praize and whine, >thereby influencing the
>shape of the languge in question. You can > >find a very nice description
>of this process with respect to C++ >in "The Evolution of C++ : Language
>Design in the Marketplace of >Ideas", by Jim Waldo (Editor), James Waldo
>(Editor).

OKi, but I think the difference is that the tabbing is a main part of the
Python language, one of the things that makes it different.
I don't like the {}, but I won't try to change C/C++ or any other languages,
instead I use the language I find best and most useful. I like Python mainly
because of it's simplicity while it at the same time is so powerful, and I
really really like the intendation.

I got into a project that's been developed in Python during 2 years before I
ever saw it. There were over 100'000 lines of code, and talking out of
experience with other languages, I know that I couldn't have gotten into the
that project that easily in any other language. Reading all this code from
many other developers was made a lot easier with Python and a big reason was
that the intendation is always there.

Best regards
Ulf Engstrøm

(mail)  ulf.engstrom at b2b-link.com