Does python support long longs?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sat Jan 15 12:17:32 EST 2000

In article <x8_f4.26$tX3.648 at vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>,
steve s chen  <sschen at ux8.cso.uiuc.edu> wrote:

>1) Does Python support long long datatypes?

Not really.  But it does have its *own* long type, which can literally
be as large as the memory of your machine will support (i.e. millions of
digits).

>2) Does Python support unsigned 32-bit ints?

Nope.

Note that to correct both of these deficiencies, you could in theory
build your own Pythonic-C extension if this is "mission critical" for
you.

>3) A less significant issue -- is there a utility that analyzes
>	 a segment of python code verifying the dynamic name-bindings?
>	 NameError exceptions weren't being reported until run-time;
>	 does that mean we must QA each control path to ensure 'correct'
>	 execution?

Yup.  The way to build large Python applications is to componentize and
loosely-couple the hell out of everything.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Have a *HAPPY* day!!!!!!!!!!