vi and python?

Alan Daniels daniels at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 27 21:16:47 EST 2000

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:22:14 -0600, the infinitely wise Ben Beuchler
(insyte**NOSPAM**@emt-p.org) spoke forth to us, saying...

>Does anyone have any particular tips for python development within
>vim? Particular shortcuts to test code, autoindentation settings,
>etc...  I would particularly like to be able to use some of the idle
>features with, perhaps, gvim...

For what its worth, I'm a vim fan too, and I felt the default syntax
highlighting for Python under VIM was a bit spartan, so I wrote my
own. It colors things like the "%s"-type symbols in string, numbers,
"self" since its practically a keyword, etc. Its available at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~daniels/vim/python.vim

Hope you find it useful (if you're interested in that sort of thing,
that is).

An-endlessly-tweakable-editor-is-a-joy-forever'ly yours,
Alan.

--
Alan Daniels
daniels at mindspring.com