control structures (was "Re: Sins")

Preston Landers prestonlanders at my-deja.com
Thu Jan 6 18:11:55 EST 2000

In article <14452.45436.641890.197509 at beluga.mojam.com>,
  skip at mojam.com (Skip Montanaro) wrote:

> I find nothing wrong with it.  Some people object to using try/except
for
> anything but handling errors however.

IMHO these people need to be taken out, shown a good time, maybe a
little wine and dancing.  you know, let off a little steam.

I've had at least one situation where it made perfect sense to use
try/except to handle non-error conditions.  In fact, I had defined a
bunch of exceptions relating to specific conditions, and it also made
sence to define a success condition and catch that rather than handle it
as a special case (different control structure.)

--
|| Preston Landers <prestonlanders at my-deja.com> ||

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.