IDLE breakpoints and Go debugging command

Richard Gruet rgruet at ina.fr
Tue Jan 4 08:02:31 EST 2000

Hi there,

I can't get a breakpoint working with IDLE (0.5) and incidentally can't
GO in the debugger
.
I know that I have to open the debugger to avoid getting a beep, so I
open the debugger,
set a breakpoint on a source line via the right-button menu: no beep
that time, but no
feed-back is visible to confirm that the operation succeeded.
And when I launch the execution (run script), the debugger stops on 1st
line but subsequent 'go' only step one line (like a step over) instead
of running until the breakpoint is reached.

Is this behaviour known ? is it a bug ? I searched the archives but
found no answer.
I'm working on NT 4.0 SP3, Python 1.5.2, IDLE 0.5 (last CVS snapshot).

Thanks for any help,

Richard