Incoming PO utilities 0.4 announcement

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Jan 17 17:07:04 EST 2000

Hi, people.

My few PO utilities (formerly `xpot' and PO mode) are slowly taking form
as a distribution.  I'll send a separate announcement, using the means
I already have for other packages.  However, compared to them, I do not
think PO utilities are worth their own announce/pretest mailing lists.

It makes some sense announcing it to team leaders, and maybe once more to
the Python list (because a few Python-related problems have been repaired).
In any case, I hope the distribution point should not change much for some
while, so there is no need to repeat the announcement just for a change of
version numbers.  I'm not sure where the equilibrium lies between avoiding
pollution and sharing news with those interested.  Tell me what you think.