using threads with python and winnt

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 06:06:22 EST 2000

I've been testing Zope on Win95 (OSR2) for around 9 months and after the
Zope race etc bugs were fixed I find it works really well. I've tried to
thrash it to death with test demands at high rate and it doesn't fail.

My actual public server is in fact NT based, but that's to do with the
overall reliability of NT rather than any threading problems with win9x.

Certainly I know that Win9x fails badly under high memory loads, but all
the threading tests I carried out worked ok as my main memory/cpu hog
was explicitly designed to be a fifo queue (ie only one request at a
time could hog, other hog requests had to wait).
--
Robin Becker