Python code for documenting Python classes?

T. Bridgman wtbridgman at radix.net
Mon Jan 17 17:22:04 EST 2000

Just so I don't try to re-invent the wheel...

Does anyone know of a Python program for documenting Python classes?

While it's usually easy to identify the methods in a particular class,
it is often difficult to identify all the data members since they don't
get listed in header files as in C++.  In particular, I'm looking for
something that could list out all the classes, methods, and data
members in a module, perhaps in a format similar to a C++ header:

class 1 (subclass)
 data members
   member 1: list
   member 2: sequence
   member 3: Float32
 methods
   method 1 (parmlist)
   method 2 (parmlist)
   method 3 (parmlist)

This would facilitate documenting the classes.

Naturally, I'd like something that can also recognize classes from
other modules (particularly NumPy).

Thanks,
Tom