statements and blocks

John Kochmar kochmar at pitfiend.psc.edu
Fri Jan 28 16:13:03 EST 2000

OK, I haven't seen this in the FAQ (Yeah, I did look ;^), and maybe I
just missed it, but someone at the Python conference (sorry, I forget
which talk) brought up that you couldn't do:

	print "a"
	print "b"
		print "c"
		print "d"
		print "e"
	print "f"

to visually set off a block of statements.  And ahort of forcing a different
scope though a conditional, loop, or some other scope modifier, I haven't
been able to create a block of statements in a seperate context.

I'm sure there was a good reason to do this, maybe it's even been
brought up before (and I missed it, I only scan the newsgroup), but
I've used this in other languages (mostly Java for AWT readability),
so I was wondering what kept it out of Python...

John