Announcing Gadfly COM Object

marc_risney at my-deja.com marc_risney at my-deja.com
Sun Jan 30 03:51:09 EST 2000

Ok, I just put up 0.51 beta, a little closer, a little smoother,
but still needs some work I need to do a better job with recordset.EOF
and .BOF as far as Looping goes, mebee someone can jump in and help out
here.
I need to clean up a bit and would like to add some sort of DB.help
  Aaron has a whole slew of goodies when
you go into Client/Server mode via gfclient, and it sounds like he is
going to add more with Gadfly 2.0, SHUTDOWN, RESTART, CHECKPOINT,
EXCUTED_PREARED, etc... I need to add the server commands and I will
probably chuck
some VB and Delphi Clients together, and some MS Excel and Access demos
using the object. For now I have  a lowly  VBScript demo...oh well you
get the point

I was inspired by ADO which is incredibly easy to use when scripting
with ASP
and VBScript. but I luv the idea of serving my Gadfly data from a Linux
box
and connecting to it via a port with a pretty VB Form on my NT Box.
Again the idea is to give it similar functionality to ADO, but after
the basics are covered, add the good stuff.

One other thing; a bit on a tangent really, if anyone tells you that
Oracle Lite
is reaally easy, non complicated and small to install is a Liar, and
obviously has never w
orked with Gadfly before, a true multi-platform small footprint RDBMS
soory Larry..yer'
product is sucks

at any rate the  0.51 beta  for  the Gadfly COM  server can be found at
the following: http://www.blazesoft.com/~mrisney/comgadfly.py
and a sample VBScript at
          http://www.blazesoft.com/~mrisney/conn_gadfly.vbs

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/