tabs do WHAT?

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Mon Jan 24 04:19:21 EST 2000

Warren Postma <wpostma at earthlink.net> wrote:
[snip]

: If Guido reads this, please note my personal feature request for Python 2.0:
: Make the "whitespace" stuff optional, for people who like weird syntactical
: features only. I'll love you forever. Thanks.

This will not happen. People here (including Guido Himself) get extremely picky
when the use of indentation is criticised. They do not realize that this feature
is an important obstacle for many people (and since these people have stopped
using python they are obviously not posting here). Indentation is great, but should
not be part of the syntax of a language.

Cheers,

---
Thomas Hamelryck
Institute of Molecular and Structural Biology
Aarhus University
Gustav Wieds Vej 10C
DK-8000 Aarhus C
Denmark