Python and Oracle

Bill Scherer scherbi at bam.com
Wed Jan 12 07:54:47 EST 2000

Paul -

I have succesfully compiled DCOracle on Linux (2.2.x)and Solaris(2.6) against
Python 1.5.x and Oracle 8.0.(4,5).
Succesful compilation with different Oracle versions on different os's
generally requires a not small effort in tweaking the ORACLE_LIBS line in the
makefile.

As for your curiosity of the worth of the effort, it's worth it if you want
to connect to Oracle from Python.  It works very well, and outside of win32,
there are few other options for connecting to Oracle...

Bill Scherer