A modest proposal

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Wed Jan 19 19:01:54 EST 2000

Hi All--

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> This is nothing new. Back during the last Python conference, me and some
> other intrepid non-conference-attenders had the run of the newsgroup,
> and we redesigned Python into a more sane language already:
>
> http://x44.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=410321807&search=thread
> [and followups]
>
> And the immensely positive reaction by some famous Pythoneers is here:
>
> http://x23.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/viewthread.xp?AN=412546299&search=thread
>
> this-year-I-will-attend-so-someone-else-can-have-the-run-ly yours,

Well, this year I am *not* attending.  Therefore, I plan to redesign
Python so that you will all have to read and write Mayan glyphs in order
to write any programs.  You'd better hope that Andy Robinson gets to
work on (*really*) internationalizing and double-bytifying Python.

<you-is-a-wall-eyed-oyster-yourself>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours