Dynamic class construction?

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Mon Jan 31 11:42:02 EST 2000

Nic Williams wrote:

> [...] Just use lots of comments :-)

    Ok. Yesterday's comment was "thanks, that's more
or less what I thought. I thought I tried setting __name__
and it didn't work, wonder what I did different when I
tried it?"

    Last night's comment was "darn, it still doesn't work
when I try it at home, I wonder what I'm doing different?
I guess I shoulda took the example home with me instead
of just imagining I could remember what one line of code
looked like..."

    This morning's comment is "what the heck, the code
that doesn't work at home works just fine here at the
office. Huh?"

    Thanks again - I'm pretty sure now that things _do_
work more or less the way I thought, all I gotta do
is figure out what's funny about the installation on
that machine at home. Which is definite progress.
Aargh.