nonlinear programs?

Jeremiah Rogers jeremiah at widomaker.com
Mon Feb 7 10:46:22 EST 2000

I am writing an mpg123 frontend in Python. I want to have the user be
able to play a song, and while it's playing skip the song, or quit the
program(without hitting Control-c). Is there a way for me to start
mpg123, then sort of move the song-playing into the background, and
continue to take the user's input? Something like a while loop, so that
while x == 1, play the mp3, if x != 1(the user clicks the next button)
then skip to the next mp3? Thank you greatly for any help.